now browsing by category
I have been so obsessed lately with trying to master the cat eye and of which I have not yet quite yet done. But I came across this editorial in Glamour Magazine in which Charlotte Tilbury gave a step by step manual on how to create the ultimate cat eye. I was very interested of course since this is clearly an area where I desperately need help in. Tilbury was inspired by sixties-era icons such as Brigette Bardot and Verusschka. Little did I know, these two beautiful actresses studied eye shapes of actual wildcats to master the look and of course Tilbury perfected her own signature look over the years.
It’s funny because, I’ve been told by several makeup artists about their brows, they sleep in their brows because they have perfected the art of shape, they don’t want to ruin it. The same goes for Tilbury, she swears by the look so much that she wears it to bed. Tilbury shared her ultimate look plus three favorite variations with Glamour, but I’m going to share my favorite which is the Bombshell Cat Eye. For a video tutorial, watch below:
The Bombshell Cat Eye:
1. Curl lashes at the root to open up eyes and doing this is the first important step 2. Starting at the inner corner of the eyes, line your top lids with a kohl pencil three quarters of the way across with staying close to the lash line as possible 3. Looking straight into the mirror, draw a dot about one tenth of an inch up and out from the outer corner of each eye to mark where the tip of the wing should end 4. Draw a line connecting the dot to the liner on your upper lash line. Perfect the shape and clean any mistakes with a pointed Q-tip covered in moisturizer 5. Gently list your eyelids up with your finger and rim the upper waterlines for definition 6. Trace over the pencil with a black liquid liner such as Charlotte Tilbury’s Feline Flick Quick Fine-Line Shodõ Pen in Panther $29 at Charlotte Tilbury.com or for more intensity use an angled brush dipped in a gel formula. 7. Finish with two coats of black mascara
You can guarantee that I will be using this tutorial…
#Lucky #Luckymagazine #Luckycontributor #indieblush #indie #sacramento
Sunglasses are a statement for the face. We all feel fierce when we have that awesome pair of sunglasses on the eye. Seriously, admit it, you know you do… That is the first thing people see and comment on. Either around your eyes or on top of the head, eyes will stare out of envy with one of these ( or more) pair of sunglasses. All this talk about sunglasses is making me want a new pair! Geez!!
There’s a new sheriff in town and her name is Tory Burch. Finally, after years of creating such magical collections of clothing, accessories and shoes, she has now introduced her own makeup line. Her line is exclusive to Nordstrom and contains blush/bronzer, lipsticks, face brush and lip tint. The colors are perfect for spring and for a starter collection, its doesn’t overwhelm you with too many choices.
Nars has come out with The Final Cut Collection, again brought exclusively to Nordstrom. The collection is the new edge of pink, featuring a modern montage of passionate and provocative hues. The blushes have transparent pigments for a soft and sheer look, the lip pencils have high impact colors with a soft sheer feel.
As much as I would give just about anything (to a point) to be attending spring 2014 NYFW, I regretfully am not. But, if I were to be attending this glam fashion fest, I would have the essentials to survive the week with. Attending fashion week is extremely stressful work you know (wink); with the back and forth to venues and trying to get in to your favorite show, snapping pics etc.. What’s a girl to do? With these beauty essentials, you’ll want them just to have in your purse at all times, not just for Fashion Week.
1. Kevin Aucoin Loose Shimmers $116 set of four Net-a-porter
2. M.A.C. ‘Mineralize’ Charged Water $23 Nordstrom
3. Terry Light Expert Foundation Brush $65 Barneys
4. Giorgio Armani Brow Defining Pencil, $30 Giorgio Armani Beauty
5. Jo Malone ‘Blackberry and Bay’ Cologne $60 Nordstrom
6. Renouve Anti-Aging Everyday Defense Hand Sanitizer $29 Net-a-porter
7. Rosebud Salve Miracle Balm $6 Sephora
There are so many ways to wear gold as an accent during the holidays and especially for New Years Eve. Gold accents in makeup, skin and the hair can really add a special touch that will bring out say… your eyes. Below are some really great tips that will have you sparkling and shining…..
FOR THE SKIN:
Using an enhancing powder for your body or face will give a subtle little glow and sparkle, but be sure not to use anything that has too much of gold specks, make sure is light and airy. Clé de Peau Beauté Luminizing Face Enhancer in Gold, and my choice of which I most definitely am trying is Marc Jacobs Beauty Lightshow Luminizing Powder, and for an all over body glow try Edward Bess All Over Seduction in Afterglow.
Clé de Peau Beauté Luminizing Face Enhancer $95 Neimanmarcus.com
Marc Jacobs Beauty Lightshow Luminizing Powder $59 Sephora.com
Edward Bess All Over Seduction $38 Sephora.com
For The Eyes:
Other than the lips, the eyes are the first thing that someone looks at on your face and for special events and parties. When using eyeshadows try using my favorite MAC Cosmetics Nocturnals Pigments and Colors, this will make your eyes pop. For that extra mile, try Kre-At 24 Karat Gold Lashes
MAC Cosmetics Pigment in Gold $21 maccosmetics.com
Kre-At 24 Karat Gold Lashes $295 Barneys.com
For The Hair:
If you want to be the belle of the party and really get them staring, try Oribe 24 -Karat Gold Pomade. Use to sleek back your ponytail and add some sparkle or use on a side swept bang.
The nails are definitely a statement maker and when you make your rounds at your party or event, go ahead, show off your nails girl! You’ll be the envy of the party.
Dior Sparkling “Nail Powders” Set $48 Nordstrom.com
Formula X For Sephora in Holiday Ornament $14 Sephora.com
So there you go so your fabulous must have gold elements, I don’t know about you but I’m making a bee line to these stores to buy them all!